To coincide with the release of our first Annual Report and Accounts as U+I, today we launched a new broadsheet, MATTER; a platform for disruptive, thought-provoking ideas in the field of mixed-use regeneration from U+I.
As regeneration specialists, transformation lies at the heart of what we do. Whilst change is inevitable, we can do a lot more as an industry to ensure that change is done with people, rather than to them.
The first issue of MATTER centres on the theme of transformation, confronting some of the most pertinent issues facing our industry today.
In this issue:
- U+I’s Matthew Weiner poses the question: Why would anyone launching a property business today take their inspiration from property?
- Dispatches: Meet the people who are putting the meaning into 'meanwhile use'
- Why do people hate developers? A problem the industry must urgently confront, says U+I’s Richard Upton
- U+I chairman and former Selfridges boss Peter Williams on 21st century retail trends
- The business case for heritage and conservation, put forward by Taryn Nixon, Chief Executive of the Museum of London Archaeology
Read the first issue of MATTER and join the conversation by sending your feedback and thoughts to email@example.com.