U and I Group PLC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice explains how we collect personal data bout you when you visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Please note: the pages on this website are published by U and I Group PLC and by Gather London on behalf of U and I Group PLC.
As data processors acting on behalf of U and I Group PLC (data controller), Euroland IR and Campaign Monitor are required to comply with this policy. Any information collected by them will be dealt with in accordance with the policy terms.
Overview of processing
Euroland IR process data on behalf of U and I Group PLC in order to circulate Regulatory News alerts by email to anyone who actively opts-in to receive such information. They also process data on behalf of U and I Group PLC in order to manage our relationship with you which will include: to administer and protect our business and this website; to deliver relevant website content to you; and use data analytics to improve our website, marketing and experiences.
Campaign Monitor stores personal data on behalf of U and I Group PLC to enable us to circulate U+I newsletters, news, publications and events by email to anyone who actively opts-in to receive such information.
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how U and I Group PLC, and its data processors: Euroland IR and Campaign Monitor, collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to receive Regulatory News alerts or U+I newsletters, news, publications and events.
This website is not intended for children and we do not collect data relating to children.
U and I group PLC is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as U and I Group PLC, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this privacy notice).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Company Secretary using the details set out below:
- Controller: U and I Group PLC
- Name of company secretary: Mr Chris Barton
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: 7A Howick Place, London, SW1P 1DZ
- Telephone number: 020 7828 4777
This website contains links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Found out more about these cookies in our Cookie Notice.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. This includes:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name and occupation.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. How is your personal data collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- subscribe to the Regulatory News alerts managed by Euroland IR or U+I newsletters, news, publications and events circulated by U and I Group PLC;
- request marketing to be sent to you.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies. Please see our cookie notice for further details.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We receive personal data about you from third parties e.g. analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
4. How we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Below we outline the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing, at any time, by contacting us using the details provided at the beginning of this notice.
Purpose for which we will use your personal data
We have set out in the table below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us using the details provided at the beginning of this notice if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out.