U and I Group Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice explains how we collect personal data about you when you visit our website, and when we carry out direct marketing. It explains how we use your data, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. Other types of processing carried out by U+I Group Ltd are covered in separate Privacy notices. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to see a copy of the relevant notices.
We have also provided information for when we obtain your data indirectly (via another organisation).
Please note: the pages on this website are published by U and I Group Ltd and by Gather London on behalf of U and I Group Ltd.
Any data processors acting on behalf of U and I Group Ltd, are required to comply with this policy. We have undertaken due diligence on all data processors to ensure that they comply with their data processor obligations. Any information collected by them will be dealt with in accordance with the GDPR.
Overview of processing
We use data processors on behalf of U and I Group Ltd to circulate Regulatory News alerts by email to anyone who actively opts-in to receive such information. These processors also process data on behalf of U and I Group Ltd in order to manage our relationship with you which will include: to administer and protect our business and this website; to deliver relevant website content to you; and use data analytics to improve our website, providing direct marketing and user experiences.
We use a CRM platform currently provided by Campaign Monitor which stores personal data on behalf of U and I Group Ltd to enable us to circulate U+I newsletters, news, publications and events by email.
Within the scope of this Privacy Notice, we collect this data in the following ways:
- When you provide your contact details through our website or sales teams
- When your contact details are provided to us by our agents
- When you consent to your data being shared with us through property sales portals
- When you provide business cards at events
When we identify business contact details on corporate or other business websites or social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
You have an absolute right to object to the processing of personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, at any time, by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us, at any time, using the details provided below.
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how U and I Group Ltd, collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, and through our direct marketing activities including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to receive Regulatory News alerts or U+I newsletters, news, publications and events.
U and I group Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as U and I Group Ltd, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this privacy notice).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Company Secretary using the details set out below:
- Controller: U and I Group Ltd
- Name of company secretary: Mr Chris Barton
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: 7A Howick Place, London, SW1P 1DZ
- Telephone number: 020 7828 4777
This website contains links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Find out more about these cookies in our Cookie Notice.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you when you use our website and through our direct marketing activities. We have set out the data we collect about you below:
- Basic identifiers: first name, last name and occupation.
- Contact Data: email address and telephone numbers.
- `Usage Data: information about how you use our website collected by placing cookies on your device with your consent.
- Marketing and Communications Data: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences in line with the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
- How is your personal data collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- subscribe to the Regulatory News alerts, or U+I newsletters, news, publications and events circulated by U and I Group PLC;
- request marketing to be sent to you.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies. Please see our cookie notice for further details.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We receive personal data about you from third parties e.g. analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- How we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you provide your personal email address for the purposes of direct marketing, we process your data with your consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
- Where we contact you using your business email address, we rely on the fact that we have a legitimate interest.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
You can ask us, to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us, at any time, using the details provided at the beginning of this notice.
Purpose for which we will use your personal data
We have set out in the table below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us using the details provided at the beginning of this notice if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out.